Sign in or
|Effective, versatile, easy to use high quality slow feeding hay bag. Proudly made in the USA. Finally, a slow feeding system that provides a steady yet controlled supply of hay to your horse lasting several hours or all day and night. Slow feeding makes for a happier, healthier and more content companion.|
Why a slow feed system for your horse?
• Reduces the risk of ulcers. A horse's stomach produces acid 24 hours a day in preparation for constant uptake.
• Increased digestion.
• Minimize or alleviates boredom.
• Increases chew time wearing teeth more naturally.
• Little to no wasted hay.
• Encourages movement when using multiple bags.
• Weight management.
The Hay Pillow™ when placed on the ground allows your horse to eat in a natural position. Or, if you prefer, you may clip it into a tub on the ground. Five tabs are included on your Hay Pillow™ for clips to be attached to. Always use swivel clips when mounting in a tub or hanging a bag.
|Why is feeding my horse from ground level best?|
• Less strain on the skeletal system and soft tissue, a horse is designed to eat with the head down.
• Allows the mandible (jaw bone) to come down and forward in the joint capsule, the atlantoaxial joint (between the atlas and the axis between the two vertebrae) to open, and the mandible to move up and down, side to side forward and back without any restriction.
Hanging Hay Pillow™ is also available for those who prefer to hang a bag. Great for horse trailers and stalls! The drawstring closure seals the top so hay can only be accessed through the netting. The bottom of the bag includes a mesh material to allow dust to sift through or water to drain if you soak your hay. The Hay Pillow™ is offered in a variety of mesh sizes 1/2", 3/4", 1" and 1-1/4" to suit you and your herds needs and weighs less than 1.5 lbs.! It is constructed from the most rugged materials with your budget in mind. Our 1000 denier nylon waterproof Cordura is made with DuPont yarn, YKK zipper, custom nylon (DuPont) knotted netting with a larger twine size for durability and the highest quality thread/stitching for overall strength. We have gone to great extents to purchase only American made items made out of American made threads for our products. Our uniquely designed closures provide ease of loading and only allows hay to be accessed by the horse through the netting. The solid back design dramatically reduces wasted hay and is ideal in windy weather.
|Standard Hay Pillow™ Slow Feeder Hay Bag||Hanging Hay Pillow™ Slow Feeder Hay Bag|
TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING YOUR HORSE IS EATING MORE NATURALLY WITH THE HAY PILLOW
Latest page update: made by tangledmanes
, Sep 19 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Small-Mesh Hay Nets
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page